NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Country School students took home second place at the Fairfield County Invitational K-5 Team Chess Championship held at the Chess Club of Fairfield County in Norwalk.
The school’s team was made up of four Lower School students: Tiffany Jennings, Cyrus Pearson, Justin Higgins and Jackson Benett.
The students, who attend Country School’s weekly after-school chess program, played four rounds against teams from six other area schools.
"The win was particularly impressive because Country School was up against bigger and more experienced teams," CCFC Director Ian Harris said in a statement.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website