NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Country School students took home second place at the Fairfield County Invitational K-5 Team Chess Championship held at the Chess Club of Fairfield County in Norwalk.
The school’s team was made up of four Lower School students: Tiffany Jennings, Cyrus Pearson, Justin Higgins and Jackson Benett.
The students, who attend Country School’s weekly after-school chess program, played four rounds against teams from six other area schools.
"The win was particularly impressive because Country School was up against bigger and more experienced teams," CCFC Director Ian Harris said in a statement.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn
- 4 Police: New Canaan Family Slept Through Home Break-In
- 5 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Worked For J.Crew In New Canaan