NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan High School has made the list of the country's "Most Challenging High Schools," a list published by the Washington Post.
New Canaan was ranked 1,218th out of more than 2,000 high schools nationwide.
Of the 18 Connecticut high schools that made the list, New Canaan was No. 14. Other area high schools included Greenwich High School at No. 6, Weston High School at No. 7, Ridgefield High at No. 8, Staples High School at No. 9, Wilton High School at No. 10, and Fairfield Warde at No. 12.
The rankings are based on each school’s index score. These scores are determined by the number of college-level tests given at a school each year and divided by the number of seniors who graduated that same year, the Post explains.
Nationwide, American Indian Public Charter in Oakland, Calif., was rated as the No. 1 most challenging school. In the state, Connecticut IB Academy in East Hartford ranked at No. 1.
To see the full list of schools that made the list, click here.
- 1 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Worked For J.Crew In New Canaan
- 2 Police: New Canaan Family Slept Through Home Break-In
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn