NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan High School has made the list of the country's "Most Challenging High Schools," a list published by the Washington Post.
New Canaan was ranked 1,218th out of more than 2,000 high schools nationwide.
Of the 18 Connecticut high schools that made the list, New Canaan was No. 14. Other area high schools included Greenwich High School at No. 6, Weston High School at No. 7, Ridgefield High at No. 8, Staples High School at No. 9, Wilton High School at No. 10, and Fairfield Warde at No. 12.
The rankings are based on each school’s index score. These scores are determined by the number of college-level tests given at a school each year and divided by the number of seniors who graduated that same year, the Post explains.
Nationwide, American Indian Public Charter in Oakland, Calif., was rated as the No. 1 most challenging school. In the state, Connecticut IB Academy in East Hartford ranked at No. 1.
To see the full list of schools that made the list, click here.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 3 Post Office Submits Detailed Proposal For New Canaan Site
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In New Canaan; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight