NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Maren Sussman, a math specialist for New Canaan Public Schools, is one of two Connecticut teachers to receive the annual Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching.
Sussman is invited along with 101 other science and math teachers from across the country to receive her award at a ceremony at the White House early this year.
“Congratulations to Maren on receiving this prestigious award,” said U.S. Rep. Jim Himes (D-4th District) in a statement. “Our country’s math and science teachers have an important responsibility to prepare the next generation of workers, innovators, and leaders for a 21st century economy, and this recognition is a testament to Maren’s passion for math and dedication to her students.”
The Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching is awarded annually to outstanding K-12 science and mathematics teachers from across the country.
The winners are selected by a panel of distinguished scientists, mathematicians and educators following an initial selection process done at the state level. Winners of this Presidential honor receive a $10,000 award from the National Science Foundation to be used at their discretion.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape