NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Public Schools will be closed Monday as the state continues to dig out of the major snowstorm.
Many of the district’s employees, who live elsewhere in Fairfield County, would be unable to make it safely to work, Superintendent Mary Kolek said.
“Northern Fairfield County, including Fairfield, Trumbull, Bridgeport and Stratford, continue to suffer the aftermath of a storm that had a significantly different impact in those communities than in southern Fairfield County,” Kolek said in an email message. "As a result, many of our employees have been impacted to the extent they will not be able to get to work tomorrow. In particular, this shortage of staff is severely impacting our transportation system to the extent that I have been notified that we will not be able to operate tomorrow.”
Kolek said she expects schools will open Tuesday, but said she would provide an update by midday Monday. School offices and the district central office will be open Monday on a 90-minute delay.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 2 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 4 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County
- 5 Target, With Four Fairfield County Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs