NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Public Schools will be closed Monday as the state continues to dig out of the major snowstorm.
Many of the district’s employees, who live elsewhere in Fairfield County, would be unable to make it safely to work, Superintendent Mary Kolek said.
“Northern Fairfield County, including Fairfield, Trumbull, Bridgeport and Stratford, continue to suffer the aftermath of a storm that had a significantly different impact in those communities than in southern Fairfield County,” Kolek said in an email message. "As a result, many of our employees have been impacted to the extent they will not be able to get to work tomorrow. In particular, this shortage of staff is severely impacting our transportation system to the extent that I have been notified that we will not be able to operate tomorrow.”
Kolek said she expects schools will open Tuesday, but said she would provide an update by midday Monday. School offices and the district central office will be open Monday on a 90-minute delay.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 2 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan