NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan Public Schools will be closed Monday as the state continues to dig out of the major snowstorm.
Many of the district’s employees, who live elsewhere in Fairfield County, would be unable to make it safely to work, Superintendent Mary Kolek said.
“Northern Fairfield County, including Fairfield, Trumbull, Bridgeport and Stratford, continue to suffer the aftermath of a storm that had a significantly different impact in those communities than in southern Fairfield County,” Kolek said in an email message. "As a result, many of our employees have been impacted to the extent they will not be able to get to work tomorrow. In particular, this shortage of staff is severely impacting our transportation system to the extent that I have been notified that we will not be able to operate tomorrow.”
Kolek said she expects schools will open Tuesday, but said she would provide an update by midday Monday. School offices and the district central office will be open Monday on a 90-minute delay.
- 1 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan