NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Public Schools will decide Friday morning on whether to open for classes and for staff development.
Here is the full statement on the school district's website:
"Our road crews and drivers have worked hard all day to get our lots, roads and equipment in shape. Because predictions for weather and conditions overnight are varying, I will be making the call about school in the morning.
"The posted schedule calls for an early dismissal for students. I know many families have plans to leave for vacation. To help you plan: If there is a need for a delayed opening of 90 minutes or more I will be canceling classes for students. That currently looks as if it may occur but given the current number of cancellations and disruptions I will wait to see what conditions are like in the morning to make the final call.
"Even if student classes are cancelled, if conditions permit we will conduct professional development from 12- 3 for all faculty. I will send out and post information in the morning at the usual time."
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'