NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Amy Paturzo of New Canaan received a Saint Anselm nurse's pin on April 26 and graduated from Saint Anselm College on May 17 in Manchester, N.H.
The pinning ceremony in the Abbey Church was a special event for Paturzo, who received a pin featuring elements of the college's official seal and the symbol of a lamp referring to Psalm 119:105, "Your word is a lamp of my steps and a light for my path."
Dr. Sharon George, dean of nursing, pinned Paturzo with the Saint Anselm pin, which she can wear for the entirety of her nursing career.
The pinning ceremony is a celebration of a student's completion of Saint Anselm College's respected nursing program and symbolizes preparedness to serve as a compassionate caregiver in the health-care setting.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades