NEW CANAAN, Conn. - New Canaan’s Shelby Winship Barada received a bachelor's degree from Washington & Lee University on Thursday, May 22, in Lexington, Va.
Barada majored in biochemistry.
Commencement ceremonies for 419 Washington and Lee seniors were held on the University's historic Front Lawn.
Washington & Lee University, the nation's ninth oldest institution of higher education, is among the nation's premier liberal arts colleges and universities. It provides a liberal arts education that develops students' capacity to think freely, critically and humanely and to conduct themselves with honor, integrity and civility. Graduates are prepared for lifelong learning, personal achievement, responsible leadership, service to others and engaged citizenship in a global and diverse society.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades
- 3 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield