NEW CANAAN, Conn. - New Canaan’s Shelby Winship Barada received a bachelor's degree from Washington & Lee University on Thursday, May 22, in Lexington, Va.
Barada majored in biochemistry.
Commencement ceremonies for 419 Washington and Lee seniors were held on the University's historic Front Lawn.
Washington & Lee University, the nation's ninth oldest institution of higher education, is among the nation's premier liberal arts colleges and universities. It provides a liberal arts education that develops students' capacity to think freely, critically and humanely and to conduct themselves with honor, integrity and civility. Graduates are prepared for lifelong learning, personal achievement, responsible leadership, service to others and engaged citizenship in a global and diverse society.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'