NEW CANAAN, Conn. - New Canaan’s Shelby Winship Barada received a bachelor's degree from Washington & Lee University on Thursday, May 22, in Lexington, Va.
Barada majored in biochemistry.
Commencement ceremonies for 419 Washington and Lee seniors were held on the University's historic Front Lawn.
Washington & Lee University, the nation's ninth oldest institution of higher education, is among the nation's premier liberal arts colleges and universities. It provides a liberal arts education that develops students' capacity to think freely, critically and humanely and to conduct themselves with honor, integrity and civility. Graduates are prepared for lifelong learning, personal achievement, responsible leadership, service to others and engaged citizenship in a global and diverse society.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield