NEW CANAAN, Conn. - New Canaan’s Shelby Winship Barada received a bachelor's degree from Washington & Lee University on Thursday, May 22, in Lexington, Va.
Barada majored in biochemistry.
Commencement ceremonies for 419 Washington and Lee seniors were held on the University's historic Front Lawn.
Washington & Lee University, the nation's ninth oldest institution of higher education, is among the nation's premier liberal arts colleges and universities. It provides a liberal arts education that develops students' capacity to think freely, critically and humanely and to conduct themselves with honor, integrity and civility. Graduates are prepared for lifelong learning, personal achievement, responsible leadership, service to others and engaged citizenship in a global and diverse society.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 4 Norwalk's Maritime Aquarium Christens New $2.7 Million Spirit Of The Sound
- 5 Injury To Major League Catcher From New Canaan Tops Week’s News