NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The Connecticut Art Education Association recently announced recipients of the prestigious 2016 Connecticut Regional Scholastic Awards.
From thousands of student art entries, more than 500 were selected for inclusion in this juried art show. Twelve students from New Canaan High School were selected as Honorable Mention, Silver Key and Gold Key winners. Hannah Fox and Hannah Gelnaw, both students of Jeanne McDonagh, were awarded Gold Keys. As Gold Key winners, their work will advance to the national level of competition. Gelnaw’s photograph entitled “4th of July” also was recognized as the CAEA Best in Photography.
Listed below their teacher’s name are each student’s name, art work category, title and award(s) received. The art work was displayed at the University of Hartford, Silpe Art Gallery in Taub Hall.
Students of Kimanne Core:
- Victor Alvarez | Comic Art | The Battle | Silver Key
- Sara Brindisi | Drawing and Illustration | Self Portrait in Chalk | Silver Key
- Catherine Doytcheva | Drawing and Illustration | Self Portrait | Silver Key
- Olivia Germann | Drawing and Illustration | Pastel Self Portrait | Silver Key
- Elaina Tiller | Photography | Pole Reflections | Honorable Mention
- Hannah Fox | Digital Art | New York Abstraction | Gold Key
- Hannah Gelnaw | Photography | 4th of July | Gold Key, CAEA Best in Photography
- Samantha Pepe | Digital Art | Beach | Silver Key
- Lauren Weingarten | Photography | Purple Sand | Silver Key
- Matthew Depalo | Digital Art | Sushi | Honorable Mention
- Anna Lysenko | Digital Art | The Skirt | Honorable Mention
- Emily Wasser | Photography | A Day in the Park | Silver Key
New Canaan High Schools student also were winners of Teen Vision Awards. Works of art created by 10 New Canaan High School students were selected for inclusion in the second annual Teen Visions High School Art Exhibit at Sacred Heart University. Jessica Dantas, Hannah Fox and Isabel Pollish received first-place awards for their work.