NEW CANAAN, Conn. - The following New Canaan residents were recognized at the annual Honors and Awards ceremony held on campus on May 5 at Connecticut College in New London.
• Leah Fleming, Class of 2016 was awarded the John R. Mackinnon Prize for outstanding performance in psychology and is a 2012 graduate of New Canaan High School.
• Philip Pacelli IV, Class of 2014 was awarded the Lavinnia Hull Smith '23 Prize for excellence in music and is a 2010 graduate of New Canaan High School.
At the ceremony, the awards were presented by President Katherine Bergeron and Carolyn C. Denard, dean of the college. Anthony Graesch, assistant professor of anthropology, gave the keynote address.
Connecticut College is a private, highly selective liberal arts college with 1,850 students and more than 40 majors in the arts, sciences, social sciences and humanities, as well as the option for students to self-design majors. The College offers a high level of intellectual challenge, a campus culture that supports students to tailor their educational experience to their own interests and goals, and a four-year career development program that teaches students how to translate a liberal arts degree into a first job or graduate school admission. Connecticut College is situated in the small New England seaport of New London.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Two New Canaan Police Officers Honored For Life-Saving Actions