NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Parent Teacher Council has raised $68,000 to help pay for construction of a new playground at East Elementary School for the 2014-15 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The decision to build a new playground was spurred along in part by the retirement of Principal Alexandra “Bunny” Potts, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Construction on the new playground is expected to begin in August and will be completed in time for the first day of school, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 New Canaan Mom Looks To Raise Lyme Disease Awareness Through Field Hockey
- 3 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy
- 4 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 5 New Canaan Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer