NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Parent Teacher Council has raised $68,000 to help pay for construction of a new playground at East Elementary School for the 2014-15 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The decision to build a new playground was spurred along in part by the retirement of Principal Alexandra “Bunny” Potts, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Construction on the new playground is expected to begin in August and will be completed in time for the first day of school, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'