NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Parent Teacher Council has raised $68,000 to help pay for construction of a new playground at East Elementary School for the 2014-15 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The decision to build a new playground was spurred along in part by the retirement of Principal Alexandra “Bunny” Potts, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Construction on the new playground is expected to begin in August and will be completed in time for the first day of school, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo