NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Parent Teacher Council has raised $68,000 to help pay for construction of a new playground at East Elementary School for the 2014-15 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The decision to build a new playground was spurred along in part by the retirement of Principal Alexandra “Bunny” Potts, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Construction on the new playground is expected to begin in August and will be completed in time for the first day of school, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 New Canaan Police Officer Comes To Rescue Of Choking Victim
- 2 New Canaan Ranks Among State's Best Suburbs To Live In
- 3 Stamford's Riko's A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 4 New Canaan Student Arrested At School On Pot Charges
- 5 Court: Dad Charged In Norwalk Baby's Death Spiked Bottle With Alcohol