NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Parent Teacher Council has raised $68,000 to help pay for construction of a new playground at East Elementary School for the 2014-15 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The decision to build a new playground was spurred along in part by the retirement of Principal Alexandra “Bunny” Potts, The New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Construction on the new playground is expected to begin in August and will be completed in time for the first day of school, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M