NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Alexandra “Bunny” Potts, the principal at New Canaan's East Elementary School, is set to retire.
The retirement is effective July 1, said Mary Kolek, superintendent of the New Canaan Public Schools. Potts has served as an educator in New Canaan for more than 25 years.
Potts began as a substitute teacher in 1986, then joined the staff of East Elementary School as a third grade teacher in 1989. She has served as the principal of East since 1999.
"Beloved and highly respected by students, staff and East families, Bunny has championed numerous programs and initiatives to enrich the learning opportunities for students of East School," school officials said. "Her contributions extend beyond her school community as she has served for many years as a key contributor to overall district initiatives."
Kolek said Potts is renowned for her skilled and caring leadership, consummate professionalism, intellectual curiosity, humor and can-do attitude.
Director of Human Resources Gary Kass will be leading the search and selection process to find a new principal for the elementary school. In addition to a representative interview committee, the inclusive process will gather input from a variety of constituents from the East School community and throughout the school district.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Woman Reports $100K In Jewelry Stolen From Home
- 3 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Young New Canaan Runners Take 3rd In Wilton Cross Country Race
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead