NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A draft of the New Canaan School budget for the 2014-15 school year calls for an increase of 6.24 percent over the budget for the 2013-14 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The primary reason for the increase is funding of benefits because the district is refusing to pull from reserves as they have done in previous years, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In New Canaan