NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A draft of the New Canaan School budget for the 2014-15 school year calls for an increase of 6.24 percent over the budget for the 2013-14 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The primary reason for the increase is funding of benefits because the district is refusing to pull from reserves as they have done in previous years, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State