NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A draft of the New Canaan School budget for the 2014-15 school year calls for an increase of 6.24 percent over the budget for the 2013-14 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The primary reason for the increase is funding of benefits because the district is refusing to pull from reserves as they have done in previous years, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home