NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A draft of the New Canaan School budget for the 2014-15 school year calls for an increase of 6.24 percent over the budget for the 2013-14 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The primary reason for the increase is funding of benefits because the district is refusing to pull from reserves as they have done in previous years, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years