NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A draft of the New Canaan School budget for the 2014-15 school year calls for an increase of 6.24 percent over the budget for the 2013-14 school year, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The primary reason for the increase is funding of benefits because the district is refusing to pull from reserves as they have done in previous years, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts