NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's St. Mark's Preschool recently opened a new playground.
Miley and Andrew Peake donated the new playground in honor of the memory of their son, James Deering Peake in November. The students joined the Peakes and Mother Lisa Zaina for blessing and unveiling during the November celebration.
St. Mark's Preschool's playground was designed by Fred Martin of Environment Designs.
"I design interesting places to be," Martin said. "Places for children to meet each other and explore their imaginations; places with a natural feel."
The design includes a school bus, a train, a sandbox space, play structure, hut and a ball run.
"It's spectacular and the kids are over-the-moon excited about it -- smiling ear to ear," school representatives said.
Those interested in St. Mark's Preschool are asked to contact the director, Sally Farrell at 203-972-7888 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 New Canaan Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow