NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's St. Mark's Preschool recently opened a new playground.
Miley and Andrew Peake donated the new playground in honor of the memory of their son, James Deering Peake in November. The students joined the Peakes and Mother Lisa Zaina for blessing and unveiling during the November celebration.
St. Mark's Preschool's playground was designed by Fred Martin of Environment Designs.
"I design interesting places to be," Martin said. "Places for children to meet each other and explore their imaginations; places with a natural feel."
The design includes a school bus, a train, a sandbox space, play structure, hut and a ball run.
"It's spectacular and the kids are over-the-moon excited about it -- smiling ear to ear," school representatives said.
Those interested in St. Mark's Preschool are asked to contact the director, Sally Farrell at 203-972-7888 and email@example.com.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years