NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's St. Mark's Preschool recently opened a new playground.
Miley and Andrew Peake donated the new playground in honor of the memory of their son, James Deering Peake in November. The students joined the Peakes and Mother Lisa Zaina for blessing and unveiling during the November celebration.
St. Mark's Preschool's playground was designed by Fred Martin of Environment Designs.
"I design interesting places to be," Martin said. "Places for children to meet each other and explore their imaginations; places with a natural feel."
The design includes a school bus, a train, a sandbox space, play structure, hut and a ball run.
"It's spectacular and the kids are over-the-moon excited about it -- smiling ear to ear," school representatives said.
Those interested in St. Mark's Preschool are asked to contact the director, Sally Farrell at 203-972-7888 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday