NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan has chosen a high school principal from Litchfield to be the new New Canaan High School principal.
William D. Egan takes over his new position on July 1.
Egan has served as principal at Wamogo Regional High School, the Grade 7 to 12 Middle/High School of Region 6 Public Schools, since 2009.
New Canaan's Superintendent of Schools Bryan Luizzi announced the appointment Tuesday.
Luizzi said Egan demonstrated the attributes the New Canaan High School community sought:
- outstanding leadership abilities as an innovative and intuitive leader of staff and students;
- dedication to the concept and practice of positive school culture and core values;
- understanding of the value parents as partners bring to the educational experience;
- expertise as an instructional leader with a deep understanding of current standards and assessment processes; and
- experience with the implementation of technology into curriculum as a tool and resource.
He said Egan was chosen after three rounds of candidate interviews.
Wamogo is one of two high schools in Connecticut, and 51 nationally, to be recognized as a 2014 National Blue Ribbon School. Wamogo Middle School is currently the only school in Connecticut to be named a Spotlight School by the New England League of Middle Schools for 2014-17.
Before his administrative position at Wamogo, Egan served as an assistant principal at Brookfield High School and dean of students at Norwalk High School. His teaching experience includes high school level business, and middle school level language arts and math.
Luizzi said there will be opportunities for faculty, staff, students, parents and members of the community to meet Egan in the near future.
The vacancy was created by the appointment of Luizzi as superintendent last October. Veronica M. LeDuc is currently serving as acting principal.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.