FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Hurricane Sandy continued to wreak havoc on the high school sports season as Fairfield County football games have been postponed again, according to a press release.
Week Eight games now will be played Friday and Saturday of this week. Those games originally had been moved to Thursday.
Week Nine games have been pushed off again as well. Those games are now scheduled for Nov. 16-17.
The re-scheduling now puts the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference championship game in jeopardy due to scheduling conflicts. The league may have to declare co-champions if a replacement date cannot be chosen.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 4 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn
- 5 Injury To Major League Catcher From New Canaan Tops Week’s News