FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Hurricane Sandy continued to wreak havoc on the high school sports season as Fairfield County football games have been postponed again, according to a press release.
Week Eight games now will be played Friday and Saturday of this week. Those games originally had been moved to Thursday.
Week Nine games have been pushed off again as well. Those games are now scheduled for Nov. 16-17.
The re-scheduling now puts the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference championship game in jeopardy due to scheduling conflicts. The league may have to declare co-champions if a replacement date cannot be chosen.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts