FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Hurricane Sandy continued to wreak havoc on the high school sports season as Fairfield County football games have been postponed again, according to a press release.
Week Eight games now will be played Friday and Saturday of this week. Those games originally had been moved to Thursday.
Week Nine games have been pushed off again as well. Those games are now scheduled for Nov. 16-17.
The re-scheduling now puts the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference championship game in jeopardy due to scheduling conflicts. The league may have to declare co-champions if a replacement date cannot be chosen.
- 1 Fire Destroys Multi-Million Dollar Pound Ridge Home
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation