FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Hurricane Sandy continued to wreak havoc on the high school sports season as Fairfield County football games have been postponed again, according to a press release.
Week Eight games now will be played Friday and Saturday of this week. Those games originally had been moved to Thursday.
Week Nine games have been pushed off again as well. Those games are now scheduled for Nov. 16-17.
The re-scheduling now puts the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference championship game in jeopardy due to scheduling conflicts. The league may have to declare co-champions if a replacement date cannot be chosen.
- 1 New Canaan Boasts Top Three Elementary Schools In Connecticut
- 2 New Canaan Man Gets 13 Years In Prison For Running Ponzi Scheme
- 3 New Canaan Ranked Second Best High School In Connecticut
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For New Canaan; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely