FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONN. – The big game plays on despite the fact no local NFL teams will participate Sunday in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans .
The New York Giants and New England Patriots faced each other in two of the last five Super Bowls and thrilled fans with two classic games. This year, the Patriots fell short in the AFC Championship game while the Giants collapsed in the second half of the regular season and missed the playoffs.
Instead, the Baltimore Ravens will face the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII. The game features the first Super Bowl meeting between two brother head coaches: John Harbaugh of the Ravens and Jim Harbaugh of the 49ers.
The Ravens defeated the Patriots, 28-13, in the AFC Championship Game to reach the Super Bowl, while the 49ers knocked off the Atlanta Falcons, 28-24, in the NFC Championship Game. Both teams won on the road.
Kickoff for Super Bowl XLVII is set for 6:30 p.m.
- 1 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into New Canaan
- 4 New Canaan Panel To Examine 'Who, What, Why' Of College Admissions Process
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Fairfield's Max Maisel