FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONN. – The big game plays on despite the fact no local NFL teams will participate Sunday in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans .
The New York Giants and New England Patriots faced each other in two of the last five Super Bowls and thrilled fans with two classic games. This year, the Patriots fell short in the AFC Championship game while the Giants collapsed in the second half of the regular season and missed the playoffs.
Instead, the Baltimore Ravens will face the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII. The game features the first Super Bowl meeting between two brother head coaches: John Harbaugh of the Ravens and Jim Harbaugh of the 49ers.
The Ravens defeated the Patriots, 28-13, in the AFC Championship Game to reach the Super Bowl, while the 49ers knocked off the Atlanta Falcons, 28-24, in the NFC Championship Game. Both teams won on the road.
Kickoff for Super Bowl XLVII is set for 6:30 p.m.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow