FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Two-time defending champion Greenwich will play Fairfield Warde at 2 p.m. Saturday in the first round of the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference girls' soccer playoffs.
Greenwich (9-1-6) finished as the No. 5 seed, while Warde (10-3-3) is seeded fourth. Both teams accumulated 33 points during the regular season. Warde earned the home game on a tiebreaker.
Other first round games Saturday find No. 8 New Canaan at No. 1 Trumbull at 3 p.m.; No. 7 Fairfield Ludlowe at St. Joseph at 3:30 p.m. and No. 6 Wilton at No. 3 Ridgefield at 2:30 p.m.
Trumbull finished 12-1-3 to earn the top seed. Saturday’s winners advance to the semifinals scheduled for Monday at Norwalk. Games are scheduled for 5 and 7 p.m. Semifinal winners meet for the league title scheduled for 5 p.m. Thursday at Norwalk.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website