FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference has suspended playoffs for various fall sports following Hurricane Sandy. The league will discuss when to resume the games at a meeting Wednesday.
The Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference will also meet Wednesday to discuss how it will deal with the aftermath of Monday’s storm.
The State Open cross country championships are scheduled for Friday. State tournament games are scheduled to begin Monday. Ridgefield schools will be closed all week, it was announced Tuesday. Most other Fairfield County schools will not re-open until Thursday at the earliest.
The FCIAC will also discuss the possibility of moving this weekend’s football games.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 2 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 New Canaan Police Arrest Driver After High-Speed Chase
- 5 New Canaan, Darien Ranked 1-2 By MaxPreps As Football Title Game Nears