FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference has suspended playoffs for various fall sports following Hurricane Sandy. The league will discuss when to resume the games at a meeting Wednesday.
The Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference will also meet Wednesday to discuss how it will deal with the aftermath of Monday’s storm.
The State Open cross country championships are scheduled for Friday. State tournament games are scheduled to begin Monday. Ridgefield schools will be closed all week, it was announced Tuesday. Most other Fairfield County schools will not re-open until Thursday at the earliest.
The FCIAC will also discuss the possibility of moving this weekend’s football games.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts