FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference has suspended playoffs for various fall sports following Hurricane Sandy. The league will discuss when to resume the games at a meeting Wednesday.
The Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference will also meet Wednesday to discuss how it will deal with the aftermath of Monday’s storm.
The State Open cross country championships are scheduled for Friday. State tournament games are scheduled to begin Monday. Ridgefield schools will be closed all week, it was announced Tuesday. Most other Fairfield County schools will not re-open until Thursday at the earliest.
The FCIAC will also discuss the possibility of moving this weekend’s football games.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow