NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — Mayor Michael Bloomberg canceled Sunday's ING New York City Marathon on Friday evening because parts of the city were still suffering from the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, several news outlets reported.
Bloomberg originally said the race would not have diverted resources from storm recovery, but the decision to run the race had drawn considerable criticism. Read the rest of NBC News' story.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Family Wins 'Great Christmas Light Fight' ABC-TV Show
- 2 1-2 Inches Of Rain Possible In New Canaan On Christmas Eve
- 3 Fog, Soaking Rain, Strong Winds In Store For New Canaan Holiday Travelers
- 4 New Speed Change Lanes Open On I-95 In Norwalk
- 5 DNA Testing Leads To Arrest In New Canaan Copper Thefts