FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The New Canaan and Weston football teams will play Sunday at Bunnell High School in Stratford in the state semifinals, while Staples will play at West Haven. The Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference posted sites and times Thursday morning.
In the Class L semifinals, No. 6 New Canaan kicks off against No. 2 Windsor at 12:30 p.m. In Class M and No. 6 Weston tackles No. 2 Berlin at 5 p.m. Top-seeded Staples plays No. 5 Norwich Free Academy at 12:30 p.m. at West Haven.
Semifinal winners advance to the state championship games, which are scheduled for Dec. 7 and 8 at Rentschler Field in Hartford. The times and days for the finals will be announced after the semifinal games.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48