NEW CANAAN, Conn. – When it comes to dominant high school football programs in Connecticut, New Canaan's the one.
New Canaan is the most dominant Connecticut high school program in the last 10 years, according to rankings by MaxPreps.
The Rams are among eight Fairfield County teams in the Top 20, with the following joining the No. 1 Rams: Staples (5), Masuk (6), Greenwich (7), St. Joseph-Trumbull (11), Brookfield (15), Shelton (17) and Darien (19).
Each program earned points based on where it finished in the MaxPreps computer state rankings after each of the first 10 seasons that MaxPreps compiled them, beginning in 2004.
For more, including the complete list, click here.
Follow Joe Lombardi on Twitter @Joe_Lombardi.
- 1 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into New Canaan
- 4 New Canaan Panel To Examine 'Who, What, Why' Of College Admissions Process
- 5 Missing Boater, Arrest Of Assault Suspect Top Week's News In New Canaan