NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A New Canaan swimmer helped the Wilton Y Wahoos swim team win the Connecticut YMCA State Championship and Connecticut Regional Championship in recent meets.
At the YMCA State championships, the Wahoos won the title for the 27th year in a row. The Wahoos also won the regional championship, and the 13-14-year-old boys won their division.
At the Regional Championships, New Canaan’s Luke Stewart competed in the 13-14 boys division where he won the 100-yard butterfly and 200-yard individual medley. He also placed second in the 200-yard and 500-yard freestyle, third in the 100-yard backstroke, fourth in the 100-yard freestyle and fifth in the 200-yard backstroke.
He also swam in the Age Group Championships, where he was part of the 13-14 boys team that won the division. He placed 12th in the 200-yard butterfly.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 New Canaan Single-Family Home Price Rises 10.3 Percent
- 5 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity