NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A New Canaan swimmer helped the Wilton Y Wahoos swim team win the Connecticut YMCA State Championship and Connecticut Regional Championship in recent meets.
At the YMCA State championships, the Wahoos won the title for the 27th year in a row. The Wahoos also won the regional championship, and the 13-14-year-old boys won their division.
At the Regional Championships, New Canaan’s Luke Stewart competed in the 13-14 boys division where he won the 100-yard butterfly and 200-yard individual medley. He also placed second in the 200-yard and 500-yard freestyle, third in the 100-yard backstroke, fourth in the 100-yard freestyle and fifth in the 200-yard backstroke.
He also swam in the Age Group Championships, where he was part of the 13-14 boys team that won the division. He placed 12th in the 200-yard butterfly.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 3 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To New Canaan Tuesday
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Canaan