NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A New Canaan swimmer helped the Wilton Y Wahoos swim team win the Connecticut YMCA State Championship and Connecticut Regional Championship in recent meets.
At the YMCA State championships, the Wahoos won the title for the 27th year in a row. The Wahoos also won the regional championship, and the 13-14-year-old boys won their division.
At the Regional Championships, New Canaan’s Luke Stewart competed in the 13-14 boys division where he won the 100-yard butterfly and 200-yard individual medley. He also placed second in the 200-yard and 500-yard freestyle, third in the 100-yard backstroke, fourth in the 100-yard freestyle and fifth in the 200-yard backstroke.
He also swam in the Age Group Championships, where he was part of the 13-14 boys team that won the division. He placed 12th in the 200-yard butterfly.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Two New Canaan Police Officers Honored For Life-Saving Actions