GREENWICH, Conn. – Registration is open for the Pineapple Classic With Obstacles 5-kilometer run in Greenwich.
The race is scheduled for Saturday, May 18, and is a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
The race is held at the Greenwich Polo Club and is open to runners ages 8-and-up. The event features a luau, beer garden and entertainment as part of the post-race fun. There are prizes for best costume as well as for top finishers.
Wave starts begin at 9 a.m. Obstacles are varied, including climbing walls, hay bales and hurdles. Runners or at least one team member must carry a pineapple with them throughout the race. Last year, more than 500 runners participated and helped raise more than $120,000 for LLS, whose Connecticut branch is based in Wilton.
Runners can also register as teams.
Early-bird registration runs through March 1. Visit the race website to find out more information and registration details.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mom's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby
- 5 New Police Officer, Tick Warnings Top Week's News In New Canaan