FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Ridgefield native Matt White and New Canaan’s Charlie Streep, both members of the men’s lacrosse team at the University of Virginia, were claimed by teams in the Major League Lacrosse Draft last week.
White was drafted in the fourth round by the Charlotte Hounds. Streep was drafted in 2012 by the New York Lizards in the seventh round. The New York team retained his rights after he missed the 2012 season due to injury.
White has 55 goals in 36 starts during his career at Virginia. He made the 2011 NCAA all-tournament team when he scored eight goals in a first-round overtime win over Bucknell. He has seen time at attack and midfield at Virginia and has 91 career points.
Streep transferred to Virginia from Bucknell in the fall. He went to Virginia for graduate school to use his final year of eligibility. Streep, a midfield, played at New Canaan High School and Loomis Chaffee. He led Bucknell to the 2011 Patriot League title and a berth in the NCAA Tournament. He has 76 career goals.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On New Canaan