FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – All playoff games in the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference scheduled for Monday and Tuesday have been postponed by the threat of Hurricane Sandy, according to the league website.
The boys soccer, girls soccer and field hockey conference semifinals are now tentatively rescheduled for Thursday. The championship games for those sports are also tentatively scheduled for Saturday.
The girls diving championships and swim trials will be held on Thursday. The girls swimming championships will take place on Saturday.
The girls volleyball tournament will now be played in three consecutive days: Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
All game sites and times will be determined as storm damage and recovery is assessed.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts