FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – All playoff games in the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference scheduled for Monday and Tuesday have been postponed by the threat of Hurricane Sandy, according to the league website.
The boys soccer, girls soccer and field hockey conference semifinals are now tentatively rescheduled for Thursday. The championship games for those sports are also tentatively scheduled for Saturday.
The girls diving championships and swim trials will be held on Thursday. The girls swimming championships will take place on Saturday.
The girls volleyball tournament will now be played in three consecutive days: Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
All game sites and times will be determined as storm damage and recovery is assessed.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In New Canaan