NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Cali Brannan finished third in her age group to lead six runners from the New Balance New Canaan Running Club at the Connecticut Junior Cross Country championships in Litchfield, Conn., on Sunday.
Brannan was the only New Canaan runner to advance to the regional championships. She finished third in the Midget Girls division. She finished in 11:40.48 for the 3K course. Dixie D’Amelio also ran in the Midget Girls race, for girls born in 2000 and 2001.
Christian Meier was New Canaan’s top boy finisher, taking 31st in the Midget Boys division. He finished the 3K course in 12:05.67. Other boys who competed for New Canaan were Henry Asker, Christoper Carratu and Dylan Wietfeldt.
This was the first year the team competed at the Junior Olympics. The club started in the spring. Alexandra Portonova coached the runners in Sunday's races. For more information on the club, visit its website.
- 1 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan
- 5 Power Outages Restored In New Canaan