NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The New Canaan Career Transition Support Group, also known as CaTS, will be hosting “A Spring Tune Up for Your Job Search” on Thursday.
The free event will feature Ian Kennedy, president of The Schegg Group, a consulting firm focusing on career transition, recruiting and executive coaching, as the guest speaker.
Kennedy, an experienced CEO and vice president of companies in the United States and Australia, will discuss the following topics.
- Basics such as resume, a one-page marketing plan, cover letters, business cards and networking.
- Creating crisp, clean, and memorable 20-30 second introductions.
- Getting specific about geography and target companies.
- Managing personal energy and daily routines.
- Interviewing techniques.
- Paying attention to everyone you meet.
Questions and answers will be permitted.
The event will be from 7 to 9 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church of New Canaan, 178 Oenoke Ridge Road, New Canaan.
For more information, e-mail Anthony Anrig , a CaTS team member.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.