FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here's a look at the top stories from around Fairfield County last week.
- Wilton police arrested Laura M. Garbuz, 50, on larceny charges after she allegedly swiped an SAT exam booklet from Wilton High School.
- A woman was killed by a Metro-North train at the Cos Cob station in Greenwich after jumping on the tracks to retrieve her wallet . She was identified as Tamar A. Louis , of Stamford, and she died a day before her 29th birthday.
- Alexander Bergen, 22, of Danbury pleaded guilty in federal court to interstate transportation of money obtained by fraud after promising online riches to clients but stealing more than $300,000 from them.
- A 53-year-old Stamford woman was killed on Route 7 in Wilton after losing control of her motorcycle and crashing.
- Fairfield police reported that a 77-year-old Westport woman claimed her car’s airbags deployed, sending her vehicle flying 25 feet in the air and causing an accident on Black Rock Turnpike.
- Westport police arrested a 54-year-old Weston woman on breach of peace charges after a scuffle with a man over a restaurant and bar bill .
- Bridgeport police ruled the drowning death of a West Haven man involved in a bar fight a homicide after a witness told police he heard splashing in the water during the time of the fatal altercation.
- A Weston resident was relieved to find a harmless, 6-foot-long black rat snake climbing a tree in her yard after recent copperhead sightings.
- A Norwalk home redesigned by HGTV’s "Property Brothers " has hit the real estate market at $699,000.
- Greenwich ecologist and world traveler Axel Hunnicutt has studied everything from grizzly bears in the Canadian Rockies to elephants and lions at a national park in Africa.
- The town of Darien announced a $3.1 million bond sale to finance the purchase of property on Short Lane and a Darien police boat as well as other projects for the Darien Board of Education.
- The Ridgefield Police Department has identified two people suspected of damaging the ball field at East Ridge Middle School last month and has applied for arrest warrants.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.