FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here's a look at the top stories from last week across Fairfield County.
- Stamford Police arrested Richard Todd Stafford, 21, of Greenwich a tight end on the University of Massachusetts football team, and two other men from Greenwich on charges of assaulting a Darien man , 20, who refused to give up his last cigarette, police said.
- A would-be thief attempted to swipe a 2013 Mercedes GL 450 from Mercedes Benz of Fairfield by tearing off the vehicle’s lockbox , police said.
- Greenwich Police, in the waters of Long Island Sound who think they’re coming up on a log, find and rescue a capsized-kayaker in distress , police said.
- CrossFit Westport opens its doors on the Norwalk-Westport border to aspiring health enthusiasts. General Manager Tim Deenihan comes from Fairfield.
- Former Los Angeles Laker Wes Matthews Sr. teamed up with former Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim to run for Bridgeport sheriff in the fall mayoral election.
- The renowned Willis Mills’ residence, a Modernist masterpiece uniquely built into a rocky, tree-lined plot of land in New Canaan in 1955, hit the real estate market, listed at a cool $2.75 million.
- Police charged a 19-year-old Wilton man with underage drinking after he threw a party for 16 underage friends while his parents were out of town.
- Ridgefield resident Gina Pin has replaced Thomas McMorran on an interim basis as Head of School at Joel Barlow High School, which serves the towns of Easton and Redding, the Region 9 Board of Education said.
- Melanie Mauldin, a supervisor for the Ridgefield Community Center, invites the whole community to enjoy the farm-fresh items served up each week at the Ridgefield Farmers Market , on the grounds of the Historic Lounsbury House, 316 Main St.
- New Fairfield resident Lindsay Williams strikes it rich , winning $25,000 on a Golden Casino scratch-off ticket purchased at a Danbury All-Star Energy station by her uncle.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.