If you ride the train between New Canaan and Stamford, plan on taking a bus, ride-share or driving home late tonight, and over the weekend.
MTA Metro-North Railroad announced that crews will install Positive Train Control (PTC) equipment on the New Canaan Branch this weekend, Friday Aug. 10 through Sunday, Aug. 12.
PTC is a technology designed to reduce the potential for human error that can lead to train-involved accidents.
This weekend, crews will install equipment required to make PTC operational on the branch, including: the wayside radio case, antenna and ancillary pieces for the wayside data radio.
To accommodate this work, substitute busing will be provided between New Canaan and Stamford stations after 10:50 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 10. Regular train service resumes on Sunday with the 6:28 a.m. train from New Canaan and the 6:53 a.m. train from Stamford.
Buses traveling to Stamford will operate 15 to 20 minutes earlier than scheduled trains. At Stamford station, customers will connect with continuing train service to Grand Central Terminal.
Regular train service will resume on Monday morning with the 5:31 a.m. train from New Canaan and the 8:18 am train from Stamford, which departs from Grand Central Terminal at 7:08 a.m.
Service details are below:
Substitute Weekend Bus Service Between New Canaan and Stamford
Westbound, Friday, Aug 10:
- The 11:10 p.m. bus will replace the 11:28 p.m. train from New Canaan to Stamford, making all station stops to Stamford. Bus service will connect with the regularly scheduled 11:56 p.m. train at Stamford.
Eastbound, Friday, Aug.10
- After 10:00 p.m., buses will replace all trains departing from Stamford to New Canaan. Buses will depart from the Stamford station at regularly scheduled train times.
Westbound, Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 11-12
- Substitute bus service will be provided for all trains departing from New Canaan to Stamford.
Buses will operate up to 20 minutes earlier than normal train times. At Stamford station, customers will connect with continuing train service to Grand Central Terminal.
Eastbound, Saturday and Sunday Aug.11-12
- Customers will connect with substitute bus service at the Stamford station for continuing service to New Canaan. Buses will depart at regularly scheduled train times.
- After 10:50 p.m., buses will substitute for all trains departing from Stamford to New Canaan. Buses will depart from the Stamford station at regularly scheduled train times.
For a detailed bus schedule, click online here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.