NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A new boutique speech and language practice has opened in New Canaan called HEIGHTS Social Communication.
It provides individualized training for children and adolescents who have deficits in language and speech communication, social cognitive thinking and executive functioning.
Proprietor Liat Karsch has a master's degree in communication sciences and a mentorship certification from the Social Thinking Clinic, a nationally leading program for pragmatic deficits in San Jose, Calif.
With more than 10 years of experience, Karsch has served children in New Jersey Public Schools and more recently at Eagle Hill School in Greenwich.
Karsch volunteers as a professional mentor for the American Speech and Hearing Association STEP (Students to Empowered Professional) program and presents on a variety of language-related topics.
The proximity of HEIGHTS to New Canaan’s Main Street shops enables her to take clients for short outings in order to practice their goals in a more natural setting.
“Through meaningful conversation, visual and auditory feedback, and interviewing people in their environment, my clients are able to get a glimpse of how their errors in communication are perceived by others, which motivates them to make a change,” Karsch said in a statement.
Her therapeutic services include:
- Social cognitive thinking
- Executive functioning skills
- Language expression
- Language comprehension
- Speech production
- Auditory processing
HEIGHTS Social Communication is located at 72 Park St., Suite 105, New Canaan. To learn more about it, visit its website, call 203-594-9868 or email lkarsch@HEIGHTSsocialcommunication.com.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks