NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Chamber of Commerce recently unveiled its first ever New Canaan Gift Certificate.
Starting Friday, Nov. 29, gift certificates can be purchased in $10 denominations at the Chamber office at 91 Elm St., TD Bank at 272 Elm St. or Walter Stewart's Market at 229 Elm St. The certificates are redeemable at dozens of New Canaan stores and businesses.
"We all know that supporting local merchants is a great way to help maintain the character of our unique village," Chamber representatives said. "The more dollars spent locally means our merchants can continue to grow their businesses and provide the good and services our residents need but also allow the local business community to support so many of our favorite projects and events. Townwide gift certificates in neighboring towns have kept hundreds of thousands of gift-giving dollars in the local community and now the time has come for New Canaan to do the same."
Representatives said there are no fees associated with the program and that each gift certificate can be used only in one store.
For more information and a complete list of participants, residents are asked to visit the New Canaan Chamber of Commerce website or call the Chamber office at 203-966-2004
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm