NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Chamber of Commerce recently unveiled its first ever New Canaan Gift Certificate.
Starting Friday, Nov. 29, gift certificates can be purchased in $10 denominations at the Chamber office at 91 Elm St., TD Bank at 272 Elm St. or Walter Stewart's Market at 229 Elm St. The certificates are redeemable at dozens of New Canaan stores and businesses.
"We all know that supporting local merchants is a great way to help maintain the character of our unique village," Chamber representatives said. "The more dollars spent locally means our merchants can continue to grow their businesses and provide the good and services our residents need but also allow the local business community to support so many of our favorite projects and events. Townwide gift certificates in neighboring towns have kept hundreds of thousands of gift-giving dollars in the local community and now the time has come for New Canaan to do the same."
Representatives said there are no fees associated with the program and that each gift certificate can be used only in one store.
For more information and a complete list of participants, residents are asked to visit the New Canaan Chamber of Commerce website or call the Chamber office at 203-966-2004
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 2 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 4 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County
- 5 Target, With Four Fairfield County Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs