NEW CANAAN, Conn. - The Crumbs Bake Shop, located at 89 Elm St. in downtown New Canaan, will close its doors at the end of the month, according to store representatives.
The cupcake specialist, with stores in Westport, Stamford, Greenwich and Danbury, is shutting down the New Canaan shop due to lackluster sales. The remaining Connecticut stores are staying open, and the chain is planning to add dozens more in the coming months in the 13 states, and District of Columbia, where its shops are located.
The chain’s New Canaan store had been on Elm Street for six years, said a representative.
Town officials are vowing to find a new tenant for the space quickly. The municipality owns the building, which also houses the local cinema, the New Canaan Playhouse.
When full of tenants, the town-owned building generates more than $100,000 annually for New Canaan.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 4 Injury To Major League Catcher From New Canaan Tops Week’s News
- 5 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn