NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan’s Powerhouse Theatre is presenting Ken Ludwig’s “Lend Me A Tenor” in August.
The play, set in a Cleveland hotel suite in 1934, tells the tale of Saunders, general manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company, who is ready welcome world-famous Tito Merelli, Il Stupendo, the greatest tenor of his generation, who is appearing for one night only as Otello. Through a series of mishaps, the star arrives late, is dosed with tranquilizers and Saunders’ assistant must take his place.
The performance times for “Lend Me A Tenor” are:
- Aug. 1: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 2: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 3: 2:30 p.m.
- Aug. 8: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 9: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 10: 2:30 p.m.
- Aug. 15: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 16: 8 p.m.
Click here to purchase tickets. The Powerhouse Theatre is located in Waveny Park at 679 South Ave.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 4 New Canaan Democrats Named To Posts On Town Boards
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight