NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan’s Powerhouse Theatre is presenting Ken Ludwig’s “Lend Me A Tenor” in August.
The play, set in a Cleveland hotel suite in 1934, tells the tale of Saunders, general manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company, who is ready welcome world-famous Tito Merelli, Il Stupendo, the greatest tenor of his generation, who is appearing for one night only as Otello. Through a series of mishaps, the star arrives late, is dosed with tranquilizers and Saunders’ assistant must take his place.
The performance times for “Lend Me A Tenor” are:
- Aug. 1: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 2: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 3: 2:30 p.m.
- Aug. 8: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 9: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 10: 2:30 p.m.
- Aug. 15: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 16: 8 p.m.
Click here to purchase tickets. The Powerhouse Theatre is located in Waveny Park at 679 South Ave.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued