NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan’s Powerhouse Theatre is presenting Ken Ludwig’s “Lend Me A Tenor” in August.
The play, set in a Cleveland hotel suite in 1934, tells the tale of Saunders, general manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera Company, who is ready welcome world-famous Tito Merelli, Il Stupendo, the greatest tenor of his generation, who is appearing for one night only as Otello. Through a series of mishaps, the star arrives late, is dosed with tranquilizers and Saunders’ assistant must take his place.
The performance times for “Lend Me A Tenor” are:
- Aug. 1: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 2: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 3: 2:30 p.m.
- Aug. 8: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 9: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 10: 2:30 p.m.
- Aug. 15: 8 p.m.
- Aug. 16: 8 p.m.
Click here to purchase tickets. The Powerhouse Theatre is located in Waveny Park at 679 South Ave.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website