STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Symphony is set to present a recital for pianist André Watts on Saturday, April 26.
The show is scheduled for 8 p.m. Saturday, April 26 at Stamford's Palace Theatre. The special performance is sponsored by The Stamford Symphony.
"André Watts burst upon the music world at the age of 16 when Leonard Bernstein chose him to make his debut with the New York Philharmonic in their Young People's Concerts, broadcast nationwide on CBS-TV," representatives said.
"Only two weeks later, Bernstein asked him to substitute at the last minute for the ailing Glenn Gould in performances of Liszt's E-flat Concerto with the New York Philharmonic, thus launching his career in storybook fashion. More than 45 years later, André Watts remains one of today's most celebrated and beloved superstars."
Tickets are $73, $58, $42 and $22. Subscriptions are available by calling 203-325-1407 x10. For more information about the Stamford Symphony, visit the Stamford Symphony website.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year