FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – The wreath is up, the lights are on and the presents are tucked under the tree. Christmas is upon us, and as with any great family gathering, that means great food.
To make your Christmas dinner extra-festive, Match Restaurant in Norwalk's SoNo district, is sharing a holiday favorite from its menu. Here's a recipe you can make for the special day:
Angry Lobster Fedelini
2 1-1/2 pound lobsters
1 cup tomato paste
1/2 stalk of celery
1 cup brandy
1 cup white wine
2 pinches chili flakes
6 sprigs of thyme
1 teaspoon fennel seed
Large pinch saffron
2 sliced oranges
6 cups water
8 ounces fedelini pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons butter
6 basil leaves, torn
- Separate claws and tails from lobster. Cut body in half, season with salt and pepper and roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Take roasted lobster body pieces and place in a deep stock pot. Add vegetables with a touch of olive oil. Sweat for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook 10 minutes over medium heat, continuing to stir. Carefully add brandy and flambé. Add white wine, spices, herbs and water, covering shells by one inch. Simmer one hour.
- Add orange slices and cook 20 minutes. Strain and reserve.
- Blanch lobster tails for six minutes and claws for eight in boiling salted water. Then shock in ice water. Remove tail and claw meat from the shell and dice into chunks.
- Cook pasta in a large amount of salted boiling water. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté garlic in two tablespoons of olive oil. Add a half cup of lobster stock, a few chili flakes and crushed tomatoes. Simmer for three minutes.
- Add all lobster meat and al dente pasta to the sauté pan. Add butter and basil to the pan, toss together and enjoy!
And for those looking for a ready-made meal, Match will be open Christmas Eve.
- 1 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods