WILTON, Conn. -- Former Wilton resident Emma Frisch has remained alive through four weeks of "Food Network Star," with the fifth episode scheduled to air on Sunday, June 29.
Frisch had a particularly strong showing in Episode 4, when she won a “mentor challenge” and earned the advantage of choosing teams in the upcoming “Star Challenge.” Frisch wrote on her blog, however, that the best moment occurred off-screen.
Frisch, who now lives in Ithaca, N.Y., joined friends for a screening of the show at a local theater. The community was reeling from the death of a woman who was killed when a car toting a trailer slammed through a “happy-hour mainstay”, as described by Frisch, in Ithaca. Mayor Svante Myric said after the show, “After a very hard, heavy weekend, thank you for bringing the community together to laugh and rediscover joy through food.”
Two contestants have already been eliminated from the show from an original cast of 12.
Readers can vote for fan favorites online and can read Frisch’s blog to keep updated throughout the competition.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary