WILTON, Conn. -- Former Wilton resident Emma Frisch has remained alive through four weeks of "Food Network Star," with the fifth episode scheduled to air on Sunday, June 29.
Frisch had a particularly strong showing in Episode 4, when she won a “mentor challenge” and earned the advantage of choosing teams in the upcoming “Star Challenge.” Frisch wrote on her blog, however, that the best moment occurred off-screen.
Frisch, who now lives in Ithaca, N.Y., joined friends for a screening of the show at a local theater. The community was reeling from the death of a woman who was killed when a car toting a trailer slammed through a “happy-hour mainstay”, as described by Frisch, in Ithaca. Mayor Svante Myric said after the show, “After a very hard, heavy weekend, thank you for bringing the community together to laugh and rediscover joy through food.”
Two contestants have already been eliminated from the show from an original cast of 12.
Readers can vote for fan favorites online and can read Frisch’s blog to keep updated throughout the competition.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'