NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Cannan native Allison Williams, star of the HBO series "Girls," is engaged to her boyfriend of three years, Ricky Van Veen, according to People magazine.
Williams, who was raised in New Canaan, is the daughter of "NBC Nightly News" anchor Brian Williams, who also lives in town.
Allison Williams gained fame when her mashup of Nat King Cole's "Nature Boy" and the theme song from the television show "Mad Men" went viral on YouTube.
It was the video's popularity that caught the attention of Judd Apatow, who decided to cast her in the HBO series "Girls."
"Girls" is a comedy-drama that premiered in 2012 and follows the fictitious lives of 20-something women living in New York City.
Unlike her real life persona, Williams' character on the show, Marnie Michaels doesn't have the same luck when it comes to finding a mate.
Her fiance, Ricky Van Veen, is the co-founder of the comedy website, collegehumor.com.
In a recent interview with Larry King, Williams said her father liked Van Even "a lot," according to People magazine.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Open Houses In New Canaan This Weekend
- 4 New Canaan's Curt Casali Out For Rest Of Baseball Season With Concussion
- 5 New Canaan Realtor With William Pitt Sotheby's Intl. Helps In Nicaragua