NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Katherine Heigl!
Katherine Marie Heigl, who grew up in New Canaan, turns 35 on Sunday. The actress and film producer was born Nov. 24, 1978, in West End, Washington, D.C.
Heigl started her career as a child model with Wilhelmina Models and later turned her attention to acting. She co-starred as Isabel Evans in the television series Roswell and movies including "My Father the Hero."
She is best known for her role as Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens on ABC's medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" from 2005 to 2012, for which she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2007.
She made her first film debut in the coming-of-age film "That Night" in 1992 and also starred in films such as "Under Siege 2: Dark Territory," "Knocked Up," "27 Dresses," "The Ugly Truth," "Killers," "Life As We Know It" and "New Year's Eve," among others.
She has established herself as a cover model appearing on numerous publications including Maxim, Vanity Fair and Cosmopolitan.
She has worked with Best Friends Animal Society on several projects including their Pup My Ride program.
She is currently working on a CIA television drama series.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Canaan Celebrating Independence With Family Fourth Fireworks