STAMFORD, Conn. -- The New Covenant House of Hospitality — the only soup kitchen serving all of lower Fairfield County – is inviting the community to attend its third annual holiday fundraising event: “Harvest Table ... Sharing Abundance With Those in Need.”
The event is from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 3 at The Italian Center, 1620 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Throughout the event, chefs and hospitality providers will be on hand to provide food samples and ideas for seasonal entertaining. Participating vendors include:
- LaRocca’s Country Market (Stamford) will whip up healthy and delicious kale smoothies and salads.
- Margaret Sapir of Wave Hill Breads & Café (Norwalk) will showcase a wide array of artisan-bakery offerings,
- Pottery Barn (Westport) will showcase table décor for setting a holiday table and provide styling tips for Thanksgiving.
- Nicole Peranick of With Love from the Cupboard (Westport) will feature samples of pastries.
- Sabita of Sabita’s Holistic Center (Southport) will provide an array of wellness teas.
- Sharon Sweeney (Greenwich) will showcase an array of cappuccino and espresso drinks.
- Café Oo La La (Stamford) will serve crunchy grilled French toast, pure maple syrup and fall fruit compote.
Additionally, a silent auction will allow guests to get a jump start on holiday shopping. Items will include gift certificates to area restaurants, spas and other service providers in lower Fairfield County. An on-site raffle will offer guests a chance to win a sunset sail that includes a cocktail party for four on a yacht.
Admission is $50 and the donation of one non-perishable food item to help stock the shelves of the New Covenant House of Hospitality's food pantry. All money raised at this event will go to the Stamford-based soup kitchen.
For more information or to register, visit http://www.nchstamford.org or call Betsy Lopez at 203-964-8228, Ext. 2.