NEW CANAAN, Conn. — More than $41,000 was raised for New Canaan’s Silvermine Art Center at its annual spring fundraiser in Norwalk earlier this month.
The fundraiser, “The Silvermine Palette –A Foodie Fundraiser,” was held at the Clarke Kitchen Showroom and guests got to sample food from four local chefs, a release from the art center said. The chefs were Pietro Scotti of DaPietro’s Restaurant in Westport, Kender Urena of Bistro Bonne Nuit in New Canaan, Elizabeth King of Kings’ Carriage House in New York City, and Jonathan Mathias of a dash of salt in Norwalk.
Guests also had the opportunity to bid in a silent auction, and music provided by Francois Wiss.
The funds raised will go toward Art Partners, an outreach program, scholarships, gallery exhibitions, speakers, and other events the art center holds.
The event was organized by Meredith Hutchison of Westport, Marcia Harris of Norwalk and Shari Jones of Easton.
Visit the Silvermine Art Center’s website for more information about it and its events.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced