NEW CANAAN, Conn. — More than $41,000 was raised for New Canaan’s Silvermine Art Center at its annual spring fundraiser in Norwalk earlier this month.
The fundraiser, “The Silvermine Palette –A Foodie Fundraiser,” was held at the Clarke Kitchen Showroom and guests got to sample food from four local chefs, a release from the art center said. The chefs were Pietro Scotti of DaPietro’s Restaurant in Westport, Kender Urena of Bistro Bonne Nuit in New Canaan, Elizabeth King of Kings’ Carriage House in New York City, and Jonathan Mathias of a dash of salt in Norwalk.
Guests also had the opportunity to bid in a silent auction, and music provided by Francois Wiss.
The funds raised will go toward Art Partners, an outreach program, scholarships, gallery exhibitions, speakers, and other events the art center holds.
The event was organized by Meredith Hutchison of Westport, Marcia Harris of Norwalk and Shari Jones of Easton.
Visit the Silvermine Art Center’s website for more information about it and its events.
- 1 New Canaan Student Arrested At School On Pot Charges
- 2 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 3 Population Grows In New Canaan, All Of Fairfield County
- 4 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 5 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event