NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Hundreds of people took to the streets of New Canaan to sample the best that its restaurants and other businesses had to offer during the fourth Taste of the Town Stroll on Thursday evening.
Tucker Murphy, executive director of the New Canaan Chamber of Commerce, said proceeds from the event go to the New Canaan Food Pantry. People either donated food items or made monetary contributions to take part in the stroll.
The event has become one of the most popular events held by the chamber, she said.
"It's terrific. It is one of our favorite community events," Murphy said. "It's such a win-win, the Food Pantry gets stocked the stores get business people come and enjoy the town."
The event is helped by being held in late August.
"It's the timing. It's when everybody comes back to town. They have been away for the summer and the kids have been at camps," she said. "It's a nice way to bring everybody back into town and see your neighbors and connect. We love that community aspect of that because we are a very community-minded chamber."
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48