NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Veterans Day Ceremony kicks off just before 11 a.m., Monday at God's Acre.
The ceremony will begin at 10:55 a.m. with a Call to Assembly featuring a bugle played by Don Gels, according to a press release. A presentation of colors, salute to the flag and pledge of allegiance will follow before a tolling of the bells honoring veterans at 11 a.m., according to the release.
The following detours will be set up during the ceremony, according to a notice from the town:
- Northbound Traffic on Main Street/Rte. 124 will be detoured down Heritage Hill Road and directed to take Parade Hill back on to Oenoke Ridge/Rte.124
- Southbound Traffic on Oenoke Ridge/Rte.124 will be detoured down St. John's Place Extension and directed on to Park Street
- Northbound Traffic on Park Street will be detoured down St. John's Place and directed to take Oenoke Lane back on to Oenoke Ridge/Rte. 124
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 New Canaan Police Arrest Driver After High-Speed Chase
- 4 New Canaan, Darien Ranked 1-2 By MaxPreps As Football Title Game Nears
- 5 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry