NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan YMCA is hosting its Bring a Can to Class initiative through Friday, Nov. 29, in an effort to stock local food pantries.
Community members are invited to drop off canned goods to the New Canaan Y, located at 564 South Ave,, to help support the Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County.
The Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County helps provide food to more than 70 nonprofit agencies and programs that serve low-income people in a six-town service area through bags of groceries and congregate meals.
Soup kitchens, food pantries, child care programs, homeless shelters, senior centers, domestic violence safe houses, and rehabilitation programs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford and Wilton from the food bank's efforts.
For more information log on to http://www.newcanaanymca.org/
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Ranked No. 1 In MaxPreps Football Poll
- 3 New Canaan Woman Reports $100K In Jewelry Stolen From Home
- 4 National Weather Service: New Canaan's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach