NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan YMCA is hosting its Bring a Can to Class initiative through Friday, Nov. 29, in an effort to stock local food pantries.
Community members are invited to drop off canned goods to the New Canaan Y, located at 564 South Ave,, to help support the Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County.
The Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County helps provide food to more than 70 nonprofit agencies and programs that serve low-income people in a six-town service area through bags of groceries and congregate meals.
Soup kitchens, food pantries, child care programs, homeless shelters, senior centers, domestic violence safe houses, and rehabilitation programs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford and Wilton from the food bank's efforts.
For more information log on to http://www.newcanaanymca.org/
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street