NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Despite the brutally cold temperatures, New Canaan residents should not attempt to skate on Mill Pond just yet, according to Patch.com.
Parks Superintendent John Howe told Patch.com that the surface ice on the pond is not thick enough to safely allow skaters. Ice must be at least 6 inches thick for skating; it is only about 2 inches thick now.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year