NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Despite the brutally cold temperatures, New Canaan residents should not attempt to skate on Mill Pond just yet, according to Patch.com.
Parks Superintendent John Howe told Patch.com that the surface ice on the pond is not thick enough to safely allow skaters. Ice must be at least 6 inches thick for skating; it is only about 2 inches thick now.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape