NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Despite the brutally cold temperatures, New Canaan residents should not attempt to skate on Mill Pond just yet, according to Patch.com.
Parks Superintendent John Howe told Patch.com that the surface ice on the pond is not thick enough to safely allow skaters. Ice must be at least 6 inches thick for skating; it is only about 2 inches thick now.
- 1 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 2 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home
- 5 New Canaan Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up