NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Despite the brutally cold temperatures, New Canaan residents should not attempt to skate on Mill Pond just yet, according to Patch.com.
Parks Superintendent John Howe told Patch.com that the surface ice on the pond is not thick enough to safely allow skaters. Ice must be at least 6 inches thick for skating; it is only about 2 inches thick now.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 3 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 4 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 5 New Canaan Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday