NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Despite the brutally cold temperatures, New Canaan residents should not attempt to skate on Mill Pond just yet, according to Patch.com.
Parks Superintendent John Howe told Patch.com that the surface ice on the pond is not thick enough to safely allow skaters. Ice must be at least 6 inches thick for skating; it is only about 2 inches thick now.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In New Canaan