NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Rich Lowry, editor of National Review magazine and a New York Times best-selling author, will visit New Canaan Library on Thursday at 7 p.m. to discuss his new book, "Lincoln Unbound."
In his book, Lowry takes an illuminating look at Lincoln, tracing his ascendency from “rail-splitter” to political powerhouse, and illustrating how Lincoln embodied the American Dream.
He argues for a return to the "dynamic, upwardly mobile political and economic climate that Lincoln promoted and exemplified."
Lowry was named editor of National Review in 1997. He is a syndicated columnist and a commentator for the Fox News Network. He also writes for Politico and Time magazine, and often appears on public affairs programs such as "Meet the Press" and "Face the Nation."
This is part of the New Canaan Library’s "Authors on Stage" series. You can register here.
The library is at 151 Main St., New Canaan.
- 1 New Canaan Boasts Top Three Elementary Schools In Connecticut
- 2 New Canaan Man Gets 13 Years In Prison For Running Ponzi Scheme
- 3 New Canaan Ranked Second Best High School In Connecticut
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For New Canaan; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely