NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Rich Lowry, editor of National Review magazine and a New York Times best-selling author, will visit New Canaan Library on Thursday at 7 p.m. to discuss his new book, "Lincoln Unbound."
In his book, Lowry takes an illuminating look at Lincoln, tracing his ascendency from “rail-splitter” to political powerhouse, and illustrating how Lincoln embodied the American Dream.
He argues for a return to the "dynamic, upwardly mobile political and economic climate that Lincoln promoted and exemplified."
Lowry was named editor of National Review in 1997. He is a syndicated columnist and a commentator for the Fox News Network. He also writes for Politico and Time magazine, and often appears on public affairs programs such as "Meet the Press" and "Face the Nation."
This is part of the New Canaan Library’s "Authors on Stage" series. You can register here.
The library is at 151 Main St., New Canaan.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'