NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Students at St. Mark’s Nursery School donated food to the New Canaan Food Pantry as part of one of their major community service projects.
St. Mary’s Director Sally Farrell said children are never too young to experience the joy of giving. “The holiday season is a perfect opportunity to unite the themes of friendship, community and service,” she said. “We are grateful to New Canaan Food Pantry, not only for the important work they do in our community, but for providing our students a hands-on opportunity to reach out to those in need.”
Every year, the nursery school partners with the Food Pantry, a branch of the New Canaan Department of Health and Human Services. The Food Pantry serves needy families in New Canaan who meet the department’s requirements.
As part of the food donation process, the children also helped grow fruit and vegetables in a Gospel Garden, maintained by St. Mark’s Church, which directly supports the Food Pantry.
The New Canaan Food Pantry is located at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in New Canaan. For more information about receiving food from or donating food to the Food Pantry, call Health and Human Services at (203) 594-3076.
- 1 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 2 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 New Canaan Student Lays Wreath For Soldier At Arlington Cemetery