NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Whim 'n Rhythm, a senior women's acappella group from Yale, will be the stars this weekend at the New Canaan Library as part of its Notes in MidWinter series.
The concert will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday at the library.
Whim 'n Rhythm's wide repertoire ranges from jazz standards to contemporary songs. Founded in 1981, Whim 'n Rhythm is the nation's premier undergraduate female acappella singing group. Made up entirely of Yale seniors, Whim 'n Rhythm has delighted audiences from Maine to Hong Kong, from Club Med to the White House.
This is the third concert in the New Canaan Library's Notes in MidWinter series, which enlivens wintry Sunday afternoons. The free concerts feature music ranging from chamber and classical to jazz and contemporary vocals. The five-part series runs at 2 p.m. Sunday through Feb. 2 at the Adrian Lamb Room in the library.
The concert series is organized and sponsored by the Music Committee of the Friends of the New Canaan Library, chaired by Wendy Kerner. Registration is not required, but space is limited and early arrival is recommended.
The New Canaan Library is located at 151 Main St. Call 203-594-5000 or visit its website for more information.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 3 Post Office Submits Detailed Proposal For New Canaan Site
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl