FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Aquarion Water Co. issued a reminder to customers throughout Fairfield County to use caution when allowing anyone into their homes or businesses for water maintenance projects, especially when no appointment has been scheduled.
“In light of recent cases around the state where criminals posing as utility workers have gained entrance to people’s homes, we want to stress the importance of being careful and conscientious when allowing anyone into private residences,” Charles V. Firlotte, Aquarion president and CEO, said in a statement. “Our company follows strict protocols when entering customers’ homes and businesses, which include showing the customer an Aquarion photo ID."
Anyone who has questions or would like additional information about how to identify an Aquarion employee may contact Aquarion customer service at 203-445-7310.
Aquarion advises that residents refuse entrance into their home without first seeing photo identification.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'