FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Aquarion Water Co. issued a reminder to customers throughout Fairfield County to use caution when allowing anyone into their homes or businesses for water maintenance projects, especially when no appointment has been scheduled.
“In light of recent cases around the state where criminals posing as utility workers have gained entrance to people’s homes, we want to stress the importance of being careful and conscientious when allowing anyone into private residences,” Charles V. Firlotte, Aquarion president and CEO, said in a statement. “Our company follows strict protocols when entering customers’ homes and businesses, which include showing the customer an Aquarion photo ID."
Anyone who has questions or would like additional information about how to identify an Aquarion employee may contact Aquarion customer service at 203-445-7310.
Aquarion advises that residents refuse entrance into their home without first seeing photo identification.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI