FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Aquarion Water Co. issued a reminder to customers throughout Fairfield County to use caution when allowing anyone into their homes or businesses for water maintenance projects, especially when no appointment has been scheduled.
“In light of recent cases around the state where criminals posing as utility workers have gained entrance to people’s homes, we want to stress the importance of being careful and conscientious when allowing anyone into private residences,” Charles V. Firlotte, Aquarion president and CEO, said in a statement. “Our company follows strict protocols when entering customers’ homes and businesses, which include showing the customer an Aquarion photo ID."
Anyone who has questions or would like additional information about how to identify an Aquarion employee may contact Aquarion customer service at 203-445-7310.
Aquarion advises that residents refuse entrance into their home without first seeing photo identification.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend