FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Aquarion Water Co. issued a reminder to customers throughout Fairfield County to use caution when allowing anyone into their homes or businesses for water maintenance projects, especially when no appointment has been scheduled.
“In light of recent cases around the state where criminals posing as utility workers have gained entrance to people’s homes, we want to stress the importance of being careful and conscientious when allowing anyone into private residences,” Charles V. Firlotte, Aquarion president and CEO, said in a statement. “Our company follows strict protocols when entering customers’ homes and businesses, which include showing the customer an Aquarion photo ID."
Anyone who has questions or would like additional information about how to identify an Aquarion employee may contact Aquarion customer service at 203-445-7310.
Aquarion advises that residents refuse entrance into their home without first seeing photo identification.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks