FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Two of the chilliest words could be returning to Fairfield County early this fall, according to AccuWeather: polar vortex.
"The vortex could slip at times, maybe even briefly in September for the Northeast," AccuWeather Lead Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok said in a statement. "There could be a significant shot of chilly air that comes across the Great Lakes region and into the interior Northeast sometime in mid- to late-September."
After the polar vortex exits the area, El Niño will make its debut in early winter and could bring significant snowfall.
"December could get kind of wild due to the very active southern jet stream that is going to provide the moisture for bigger snowstorms," Pastelok said in a statement. "The Northeast could have a couple of big storms in December and early January."
For more, check the full report from AccuWeather.
- 1 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 2 New Canaan Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48